Friday today, chips to be bought in a minute, with all the vari
ous specialised add-ons - some will want a veggie-burger, some will want cheese-puffs, I am keen on salmon... And all of this depends on the stuff actually being available in the shop (supermarket, that is; the chip shop has overcooked the veggie-bits that we normally have once too often). My mother of course used to make all that from scratch. Gives me 'that look' when I mention the chip-run, thinks I'm very lazy and should be slogging in the kitchen to make the house smell of chip-fat, just like she used to. She would peel the potatoes, slice them into chips and then watch them cook, or be busy getting all the other bits done. The kids now love to help her whenever they stay over and my mum decides to make chips (which, when i think of it, is every time...).For now it's the lazy option for me, done enough cooking this week...
No comments:
Post a Comment