Wednesday, 24 June 2009

- hyper -



I have a confession to make. Nothing dramatic, no lives will be harmed, but nonetheless, it is quite hard for me...

Recently I have figured out that I'm hypersensitive... Not over-sensitive, as I was led to believe and therefore thought of a delicate little flower, but hyper, and that explains quite a lot, to me anyway... Hypersensitive people - according to some websites that give information about it - are not very good at dealing with the world around them, need careful handling and are prone to live more reclusive lives. On the other hand, there are more creative and artistic folk amongst them, they tend to have very well developed intuitive skills and when having learnt to deal with the 'condition' quite happy lives can be lived.

For a long time, I thought there was something very wrong with me. The world around me seemed weird, difficult to grasp and the more I was left alone to do my own thing, the better. My mother felt perturbed by my reclusive tendencies as a teenager and almost had me under the care of a shrink for being depressed. I was also very shy and bad at friendships. Nobody back then had heard of hypersensitivity. Nowadays there's lots of information available and more people are coming out of the closet as being hypersensitive. Children identified as such are now called Indigo Children (or New Age) and seen as a gift to the harsh, insensitive and uncaring world we live in, hailed as some sort of new spiritual helpers, here to move the Old Order on to something a bit more feeling and loving. Or something like that...

This still doesn't make life easier. I still feel a bit daft sometimes when I can't quite cope with everyday life, need more rest and to be alone for stretches of time. But then, when I write, or paint or do crafts or listen to music and feel it in every fibre of my body, I know that I wouldn't want to be any other way, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment