Monday, 4 May 2009

- karma -

I'm worried about my karma...

Read lots about doing good to receive it back. Not for selfish reasons, but because that's just the way it works. And I've noticed that indeed good things seem to attract good things - it is nicer to be spoken to in a positive way, more likely to react in a pleasant way, and before you know it, groovy things start to happen... Not easy when you've been brought up to expect the worst and not really trust anybody else. By one parent. (the other one was a tad more positive...).

Karma then...
Why should i be worried about my karma? I could always take the Catholic approach and confess my sins, do the guilt trip an be done with it...
But having killed 491 snails the last two weeks, I'm not so sure it's that easy...

Our garden was infested with the buggers, eating all my favourite plants, leaving slimy trails all over the place, and with all the edibles i was going to plant out, i was foreseeing carnage.
So i created one myself...

How many good deed will make my mass murdering right?
Is being nice to the baby-birds in the nesting box enough???
Only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment